What's going on under there?
- They have a mind set on understanding the bigger picture; working with strategic territories, insights and research to inform assured bolder design decisions. Strategic work helps to channel the client thinking and form a springboard to launch from.
- They're inquisitive, asking tough questions and looking at the answers from different points of view, which moves their thinking to openly see different possibilities, approaches and potential outcomes. Not simply what they personally see.
- They prioritise and then sequence their thoughts, using design to help the target audience focus on the core message.
- They keep things simple and succinct, separating the overarching idea from the tactical detail.
- They try different ways to present background thinking and creative ideas that relate to who they’re talking to.
- They listen and seek out constructive feedback, first making sure what they're working on is aligned to the brief and strategy but is also powerful, impactful, meaningful, and making a difference for clients and their audiences. Engaging hearts and minds, changing perceptions and driving actions. Side stepping personal fears and ego.
- They're openly team focused. Ultimately responsible for the solution's visual expression and how it behaves, but recognising that this only happens successfully when the whole team is focused on working hard for each other's success.
- They understand context, trends, business drivers, organised thinking, planning and have innate creative prowess.
Integrated Reporting Insights – The connectivity principle
This video in our series on integrated reporting looks at the guiding principle of ‘Connectivity of Information’. This is the bit where <IR> asks you to join the dots between the various things that are...
Integrated Reporting Insights - How important is hard data?
This video in our series on integrated reporting takes a look at the roles of qualitative vs quantitative information. We often come across clients who know they need to embrace Integrated Reporting but feel...
Integrated Reporting Insights - the Value Creation Model
In this, the first of our video series on aspects of integrated reporting, we take an in-depth look at the Value Creation model. Value Creation (or depletion, as the case may be) is probably the most fundamental core...
As more businesses move out of lockdown and back into operating from their premises again, there’s a lot of talk about adapting, firing up much-needed revenue and managing cashflow. Much of this discussion is...